HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

Has anyone replaced their petcock yet

7 posts in this topic

Today on my 03 I noticed once I turned the gas flow on, the petcock was leaking. I disassembled and reassembled and it still seems to get moist with gas at the seam. What is the best way to rebuild these? It looks like there is a metal oring gasket that looks pretty worn - is it prefered to replace this or the entire petcock with new? :ride:

They list pn 3AJ-24534-00-00, an O-ring called "petcock seal", and 3AJ-24523-00-00, "valve packing". There's also the tank seal, pn 4X8-24512-00-00. Otherwise, it's the whole thing.

I'm thinking about switching over to a WR petcock so I can have a reserve. Do you guys think it will work?

They list pn 3AJ-24534-00-00, an O-ring called "petcock seal", and 3AJ-24523-00-00, "valve packing". There's also the tank seal, pn 4X8-24512-00-00. Otherwise, it's the whole thing.

thanks Greyracer - I will try these 2 parts first or the entire assembly is 4DP-24500-00-00

The part seems to be pretty universal as my dealer actually had it in stock! Probably the same part on a quad. Mine was doing the same thing a month or two ago.

I had the same thing on my '98. I ended up replacing the whole petcock for like $15. It was worth it, as the rubber inside was trashed, and it wasn't shutting the fuel off when it should have been. On a side note, I used the WR one while I had the YZ one on order and it worked....it's not perfect, but it worked.