Has anyone replaced their petcock yet

Today on my 03 I noticed once I turned the gas flow on, the petcock was leaking. I disassembled and reassembled and it still seems to get moist with gas at the seam. What is the best way to rebuild these? It looks like there is a metal oring gasket that looks pretty worn - is it prefered to replace this or the entire petcock with new? :ride:

There is a rubber o ring in the rebuild kit.

They list pn 3AJ-24534-00-00, an O-ring called "petcock seal", and 3AJ-24523-00-00, "valve packing". There's also the tank seal, pn 4X8-24512-00-00. Otherwise, it's the whole thing.

I'm thinking about switching over to a WR petcock so I can have a reserve. Do you guys think it will work?

They list pn 3AJ-24534-00-00, an O-ring called "petcock seal", and 3AJ-24523-00-00, "valve packing". There's also the tank seal, pn 4X8-24512-00-00. Otherwise, it's the whole thing.

thanks Greyracer - I will try these 2 parts first or the entire assembly is 4DP-24500-00-00

The part seems to be pretty universal as my dealer actually had it in stock! Probably the same part on a quad. Mine was doing the same thing a month or two ago.

I had the same thing on my '98. I ended up replacing the whole petcock for like $15. It was worth it, as the rubber inside was trashed, and it wasn't shutting the fuel off when it should have been. On a side note, I used the WR one while I had the YZ one on order and it worked....it's not perfect, but it worked.