Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
getdrunk

how much added power does a yz426 get when adding a full system

17 posts in this topic

Are you talking about exaust :ride: ? If so not a whole lot, pipes mainly just move it around from down low to up top they don't really add much more power. Especially on a high performance engine. I would definitly suggest against a pipe, but go ahead and add a pipe if you want and kill our sport with a 110db noise maker with a drunk kid riding it all over the neighborhood in the middle of the night pissing off the people who call the police who complain to the county who pass a law where no one can ride at anytime anywhere. They already have 96db crackdowns here in CA because of people like you, but if you really want noise=speed :banana:

Exhaust systems can add a little power but the 426 exhaust is already very free flowing so you can only gain a couple hp. Ill try and find it but there was an online test of all the pipes for the 426 and it showed how much the hp gain was.

Are you talking about exaust :ride: ? If so not a whole lot, pipes mainly just move it around from down low to up top they don't really add much more power. Especially on a high performance engine. I would definitly suggest against a pipe, but go ahead and add a pipe if you want and kill our sport with a 110db noise maker with a drunk kid riding it all over the neighborhood in the middle of the night pissing off the people who call the police who complain to the county who pass a law where no one can ride at anytime anywhere. They already have 96db crackdowns here in CA because of people like you, but if you really want noise=speed :smirk:

I'd like to nominate this for the most retarded post of the year... :busted:

Every aftermarket pipe is not louder than stock. Even if he gets the loudest one out there without knowing anything about his location, riding preferences or styles, and maturity there is no way you can make those blanket observations about the end result.

Even if that was severe sarcasm, that was pretty pathetic. :banana:

they have the 96db level in cali because people are either tree huggin hyppies that say motorcycle sound kills there plants, or rich dick heads who dont want to hear any type of off road vehicle over there lambo's engines, kid on a 426, get a clue.. its jackass's like "killing our sport" LAME!!!

I'd like to nominate this for the most retarded post of the year... :banana:

Every aftermarket pipe is not louder than stock. Even if he gets the loudest one out there without knowing anything about his location, riding preferences or styles, and maturity there is no way you can make those blanket observations about the end result.

Even if that was severe sarcasm, that was pretty pathetic. :ride:

i second that, somebody rolled outta the wrong side of bed :busted:

well i just turnt the pipe in to a 8inch shorty yestreday.

my track i built is way in the woods in a open field so its far from peoples houses and they said they dont care about the noise.

Wow, that must sound like crap.

well i havent started it yet cause i need a radiator but it wont sound like crap. i used to run a shorty on a quad and it sounded good. also the top quad racers run shortys.

Even if he gets the loudest one out there without knowing anything about his location, riding preferences or styles, and maturity there is no way you can make those blanket observations about the end result.
Well, perhaps, but have you read getdrunk's public profile? It speaks directly to some of those very questions.

Well, perhaps, but have you read getdrunk's public profile? It speaks directly to some of those very questions.

Yeah some good info there. Born in 1990 and has drinking as a hobby? WOW

:ride:

it says nothing about me.

GetDrunk, you must have been drinking when you filled out this info.You were born in 1990 - you are too young to be drinking and getting that drunk...you need more than 13hrs a week in school too! :ride:

they have the 96db level in cali because people are either tree huggin hyppies that say motorcycle sound kills there plants, or rich dick heads who dont want to hear any type of off road vehicle over there lambo's engines
Exactly and the wouldn't be nearly as pissed off if more people make an effort to quiet down and be more considerate.,
kid on a 426, get a clue.. its jackass's like "killing our sport" LAME!!!

Hello :ride: have you ever heard or Riverside county CA. Racer X has an article about it and how now Jeremy McGrath is barely allowed to ride on his own property. Actually I really don't give a crap if Getdrunk runs a loud exaust or not I'm likely never to hear it or be affected by it. I was pointing out that someone that runs a 8 inch silencer with no packing shouldn't be encouraged if you wan't to ride on public or private lands ever again. And Ovvrdrive listen to what grayracer and ga426owner said it's not that hard to predict or guess about his hobbies.

Exactly and the wouldn't be nearly as pissed off if more people make an effort to quiet down and be more considerate.,

Hello :ride: have you ever heard or Riverside county CA. Racer X has an article about it and how now Jeremy McGrath is barely allowed to ride on his own property. Actually I really don't give a crap if Getdrunk runs a loud exaust or not I'm likely never to hear it or be affected by it. I was pointing out that someone that runs a 8 inch silencer with no packing shouldn't be encouraged if you wan't to ride on public or private lands ever again. And Ovvrdrive listen to what grayracer and ga426owner said it's not that hard to predict or guess about his hobbies.

i run packing. i cut 5 inches off it for porformance and looks but I HAD TO DO IT ANY WAYS BECAUSE THE TOP MOUNT ON MUFFLER WAS TO FAR AHEAD OF THE FRAME MOUNT LOCATION. and i run packing. it has fresh packing in it.