Coolant Compatibilty

What coolants are or arent compatable with the original coolant ?

I just want to top mine up without replacing the lot.

I'm using the Prestone-brand antifreeze that states it is compatible with any and all brands. I've mixed it with the stock Yamaha antifreeze without any problems. Be aware that I doubt Engine Ice (Propylene Glycol) will mix with an Ethylene Glycol base antifreeze like Prestone and the rest of the popular brands.

The Manual says :ride: dont mix different types. If they are the same chemicals then OK IMO, otherwise best drain and refill with a readily available one.

BTW: I read where water wetter and distilled H2O provide the greatest cooling capacity. Glycol with corrosion inhibitors have obvious merrit as well...

The Manual says :ride: dont mix different types. If they are the same chemicals then OK IMO, otherwise best drain and refill with a readily available one.

BTW: I read where water wetter and distilled H2O provide the greatest cooling capacity. Glycol with corrosion inhibitors have obvious merrit as well...

I've heard from a few guys now that corrosion inhibitors are useless in the WR motor, since the motor and radiators are aluminum. Which is why I believe Indy_WR450 is able to run Evans NPG-R in the bike without any problems. I may be wrong, but if the entire system is aluminum and rubber, I don't see any use of them either.

M.