HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redmansz400

wr mods for track riding

5 posts in this topic

is it really any benifit to take the head light and tail lights off your bike before taking it to the track? it doesn't seem like that much weight. i night ride also so i didn't want to have to switch back and forth during the week.

what are some things that really inprove the Wr out on the track?

weight isnt the only consideration.

given removing the headlight is a two minute job and here in aus they are $187 a pop it's well worth having either a dummy headlight or just take it out if you are racing on a track.

as far as improvements, its a wr.

good luck

I ride mine on a track a few times a month. You can strip the bike down as much as you want to save weight, but the biggie is suspension. Re valve, re spring, etc otherwise you and your bike will get beat up.

One mod that I really liked doing was putting a 51t sprocket on. It really helps get out of corners. It also helps on the tight trails also. You must do all of the free mods; ais, re jet, Grey wire. You will want to put heavier springs and heavier oil. I used a 20w. I am not yet convinced about the yz exhaust cam yet. I like the power curve where it is at. One thing I have been contemplating is a lighter flywheel to make the motor spin faster.

is it really any benifit to take the head light and tail lights off your bike before taking it to the track? it doesn't seem like that much weight. i night ride also so i didn't want to have to switch back and forth during the week.

what are some things that really inprove the Wr out on the track?

YZ seat/tank combo. This will allow you to get up further on the bike in the corners and probably be more comfortable out in the woods too. This is a semi-common mod for the 02 and older WR's. Plus what everybody else said: suspension and stuff