whats those dials on the carb doo?

whats all these dials on teh carb for? like what do they do and what are they? my 400ex carb had no dials and now this one is full of dials.

HUH..............

Turn em and see what happens..... :ride:

"Full" of dials? It has two, IF someone added an extended fuel screw.

Why are you out of school? Have another drink.

go get a manual and do some learnin :ride:

Please sell your dirt cycle or quad to the first person that you come across and get into something that you can better understand, like a big wheel or something. :banana:

Here is getdrunk's Profile:

Birthday:

January 20, 1990

Biography:

always mestd up

Interests:

drinking and my quad(not same time)

16 years old and pretty proud of his drinking. :ride:

whats all these dials on teh carb for? like what do they do and what are they? my 400ex carb had no dials and now this one is full of dials.

They ought to get you banned.

Can someone get this guy banned so he can spend more time with his paint can and walmart bag?

That dial there's a flux capacitor. Turn it, take a big whif off your paint can and you can go back in time. . .

That dial there's a flux capacitor. Turn it, take a big whif off your paint can and you can go back in time. . .

:ride::banana::busted::smirk:

a quote from getdrunk

"school is always out for me. 13 hours a week and when im their i sit on computer. this i think is my last year their cause they dont want me their now."

Hes just waisting time on this board to get us going this thread should be moved to quads

Fuel, Idle?

a quote from getdrunk

"school is always out for me. 13 hours a week and when im their i sit on computer. this i think is my last year their cause they dont want me their now."

Hes just waisting time on this board to get us going this thread should be moved to quads

this should not be moved to the quad area. i may have a quad but run a dirt bike motor. so dirt bike motor then dirt bike spot. if i have a queston on sumthin other than the motor and componits then i would post that in the quad spot.

about the dials. do i just leave em alone or do i need to adjust em?

theirs a red and a black dial that pull out. 1 black dial that turns. 1 dial by the flote.

so will i need to adjust em or no cause im running a different set up than the guy that had the motor before me. or di i just have to adjust the jets n stuff?

Red one: hot start

black one : choke

Black knob is for idle adjustment

fuel screw is on the bottom by the float

hope this helps....get a manual :ride:

Red one: hot start

black one : choke

Black knob is for idle adjustment

fuel screw is on the bottom by the float

hope this helps....get a manual :ride:

so how do i use em then? if its cold then does that meeni have to reach down by my carb and pull the black one out and kick start it at same time?

and how do i use teh hot start and when do i? whats it realy even doo?

What's really sad here is the fact that you are a high school student and can't even spell "do".

marcus moberg could probly help ya :ride:

so how do i use em then? if its cold then does that meeni have to reach down by my carb and pull the black one out and kick start it at same time?

and how do i use teh hot start and when do i? whats it realy even doo?

Use the choke when the bike is cold. when pulled it should stay out so you don't have to hold it. when warmed up push it back in. The choke allows more fuel into the system and the hot start allows more air. I never use the hot start on my yz 400 and she always starts right up.

I'm just trying to be nice and help you out kid, but seriously... stay away from the beer and get your nose in your books. They will get you much farther than beer will I promise. :ride:

Use the choke when the bike is cold. when pulled it should stay out so you don't have to hold it. when warmed up push it back in. The choke allows more fuel into the system and the hot start allows more air. I never use the hot start on my yz 400 and she always starts right up.

I'm just trying to be nice and help you out kid, but seriously... stay away from the beer and get your nose in your books. They will get you much farther than beer will I promise. :ride:

yeah beer does suck. thats why i drink the hard stuff :banana:

but for starting it whats the technike i have to use? i heard their hard to start so how do i start it and do i give it any throtol?

yeah beer does suck. thats why i drink the hard stuff :banana:

but for starting it whats the technike i have to use? i heard their hard to start so how do i start it and do i give it any throtol?

The intention of my post here isn't to make fun of you, but to point out that you really should dig into the books a bit. The comment made directly above your post about the books is pretty on target.

It saddens me that somebody capable of riding such a dirtbike can't spell 3rd grade words properly or use words in the proper context such as "they're" instead of "their."

Once again I'm not trying to bash you, but people may be more inclined to help you if you presented yourself a bit better. Nobody's asking you to be a book worm, but for pete's sake make an effort when you type. :ride:

looks to me like he's intentionally acting in this fashion as a attempt at humor or some pathetic need for attention. anyone as stupid as this kid comes off wouldn't know half the words he butchers;: "technike"

After getting banned for a week for making an offhand comment to mr.getdrunk (and not getting any explanatory information via pm, email etc), I welcome getdrunk's approach to aquiring new and useful information as well as his membership.

I look forward to his further contributions to TT and expect that the information he provides this community will make it a better, more cohesive and well informed database of useful and factually correct information.

I salute you. :ride: