HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Got my WR Plated today :)

10 posts in this topic

Finally got the paperwork all done and the plate went on tonight, then i went directly for a ride.PlateP1010109Large.jpg

Finally got the paperwork all done and the plate went on tonight, then i went directly for a ride.PlateP1010109Large.jpg

Congrats on the plating of your bike! Mine is also plated. A suggestion, take a look at the flush mount turn signals for the rear of the bike. I think LP sells them They are small and stick on the rear fender protruding very little. I have put them on my WR400 and so far, they have survived some really messy, muddy rides plus a power wash or two. They are definitely crash proof!

Just a thought!

Bob

pictures and links to the product are warranted Captain Bob.

OK! I will look the parts up! BTW, being an ex- gun store owner, I like your avatar!

Bob

I got mine street legal about a month ago. It cost me $180.00 pluse $25 for a cop to sign off on it. All I did was put a horn and brake lights on it.

Good job! I'm glad the bike is working out for you. When my BWP die's I'm going to plate my Svelte Beeeyatch too.

Congrats on the plating of your bike! Mine is also plated. A suggestion, take a look at the flush mount turn signals for the rear of the bike. I think LP sells them They are small and stick on the rear fender protruding very little. I have put them on my WR400 and so far, they have survived some really messy, muddy rides plus a power wash or two. They are definitely crash proof!

Just a thought!

Bob

As promised, here is the URL for the flush mount turn signal markers from Lockhart Phillips:

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/rs/showProduct.cgi

I stuck mine on right behind the seat on the side of the rear fender. They are very inconspicuous and out of the way. As I said earlier, the glue seems to be pretty rugged. You will need to drill a small hole to feed the wires through the fender.

Hope this helps!

Bob

thanks but they don't look great.

IO forgot to add the part number. The one you want would be part number 122-9770.

Check out a bike shop that is near you and handles dirt bikes, specifically enduro bikes. I would be surprised if they did not have them in stock. They really do look much better then the pic.

Bob