HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ripmeister

horn catastrophe (nearly)

2 posts in this topic

So I'm riding along a narrow jeep trail at a pretty good clip - winding around the junipers, white stripes rockin on the ipod - when all of a sudden I can't turn! My front end is completely locked up! :banana: I struggle a little and it frees up just in time, and then locks up again - keep in mind this feels like forever but can't be more than about 2 or 3 seconds. I screech to a halt and swear because I can't think of what possibly could have happend and how am I going to get this :ride: thing back to the car if i can't steer it. My buddy comes along, I shout what happened, he looks around, and sees that the horn (my WR is plated) had come off and wedged in my upper forks in such a way that I couldn't move it.

Anyway, I nearly shat myself. I'm not asking for advice, I just thought I'd share.

ok, well, re-install the horn, and use better zip-ties this time.

but ya, that sounds scary.