Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wickedsprint

Touratech power converter question..

7 posts in this topic

Where are you guys mounting this converter, underseat seems cramped, anyone else try it attached to the headlight shroud of sorts?

Ok, here is how I ended up doing it, totally self contained inside the headlight shroud, no wires under the seat or anything and no compromises to factory wiring, so here is a pic for anyone else who needs a power converter and also has limited underseat room.

attachment.php?attachmentid=73318&stc=1&d=1147813789

I've installed them under the seat across the rear of the back fender / subframe, next to the airbox intake. I believe I put velcro on the subframe and on the power converter to hold it in place. I've done a few of these for other people and on one of my bikes over the years, but it's been a while since I've paid attention to it. No problems though :banana:

The headlight should also make a nice mounting point as well :ride:

Where are you guys mounting this converter, underseat seems cramped, anyone else try it attached to the headlight shroud of sorts?

:ride: what do you mean by a power converter?Maybe I know but right now I have no idea of what it does.Sorry to interupt your thread.

Bikes such as our R models produce dirty electricity, with spikes and unregulated voltage..and also AC, the power converter is about the size of a box of matches, and converts anything up to 40 volts AC/DC into a clean 15 volts DC to run a GPS. The thread was soliciting ideas on a good location to mount it since there is not a whole lot of room under the seat, so I mounted it behind the headlight shorud, and kept everything self contained without having to string wires back and forth across the bike. Your 650L does not need it as its electric is already clean DC since it has a battery and electric starter.

Thank U very much,now I may know what are you talkin'about.Though I can't be of very much help there.I'll just keep with the nuts and bolts. :ride: