HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Baja Designs Stator Mod Questions

2 posts in this topic

hey guys, I just finished putting my Dual Sport kit on my bike, well almost finished, I have to do the stator mod and then swap out Voltage Regulators. Has anyone here done the mod themselves, looks easy enough to get the statro out but I was worring about cutting the stock wire out of the connector, they say if you break the wire the whole stator will need to be rewound. I guess it's removing the ac stator and adding itself to the dc one to get all the power now to charge the battery and run the lights . I looks a little tricky, just wondering if anyone here has done it themselves.........

I did the stator myself and was hesitant to try. It really wasnt very difficult once I got going. The wire you need to un-solder doesnt seem to be very fragile. I was moving it around pretty good and no problems. Follow their directions and use a very small cutting wheel to cut the clip.... you'll do fine.