HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Handlebar risor questions

14 posts in this topic

I just ordered a taller seat foam and think I will need to raise my handlebars another inch or more, what are my choices? I read somewhere here some move them up and forward an inch, i think this would block the guage, also will all the stock cables allow a 1 or 2" risor with no problem? This is for a stock 2006 with stock Renthal handlebars......

I just put some Tusk adjustable bar risers from Rocky Mountain on my WR. Gave me 35mm of rise and makes a huge difference in the feel of the bike - especially when standing. Haven't had a chance to go beat on it with them on yet (its been raining for going on two weeks straight!!!), so I don't know how they'll hold up. Was an inexpensive experiment though to see how the bars feel higher.

So far so good!

Go to barrisersonline

Up and forward instead of up and back in your lap.

I just ordered a taller seat foam and think I will need to raise my handlebars another inch or more, what are my choices? I read somewhere here some move them up and forward an inch, i think this would block the guage, also will all the stock cables allow a 1 or 2" risor with no problem? This is for a stock 2006 with stock Renthal handlebars......

I fitted fat bars and riser adaptors, total rise about 35mm. The cables are a little tight, 2" might be pushing it but i read you can rotate the throttle cables to below the bar to make more slack - I think these are the tightest cables to fit so 2" might be OK - Not sure...anyone!

I used the pro-taper Pastrana FMX bar with the universal mount kit. I rotated the throttle, otherwise no other fitment issues. I am pleased with the setup. :ride:

I really like Jimmy Button high bars

I agree. I had to get some after riding a bike with them. I am around 5'10" tall and like to stand up while riding (Michigan sand whoops). My back is much better after rides know. :ride:

Applied 1" risers on stock clamp that adapt fat bars with Pastrana Bend Pro Tapers. :ride:

I am 6'3" and also run the tall guts seat foam. Awesome and affordable set up. I trimmed a little off the end of the bars for our Western Washington Tight and Techinical :banana:

i ordered the risors from barrisors online site, Hope to get it soon. Does this interfere with seeing the stock Speedo info? if so an that be moved?

It will most likley block part of the ODO

I ditched mine years ago because the ODO drive seized up.

Went to a Computer.

BTW my stock cables were long enough.

They do somewhat block the odo while sitting but if your up out of the seat ist all good...

Had them on my Suzuki before the WR...

The standard cables will be fine just make sure on full left swing they dont pull....Nothing some quick r-routing wont fix if need be..