06 450 gearing

I just got a new 450 . Is everyone running the stock gears or changing. I am thinking about trying a 51 rear.Motocross only. This is my first 4-stroke, maybe I just need to get use to it.

For me and my track only riding, the stock gearing is perfect. :ride:

I just got a new 450 . Is everyone running the stock gears or changing. I am thinking about trying a 51 rear.Motocross only. This is my first 4-stroke, maybe I just need to get use to it.

Yeah id ride it for awhile...especially if its going to be mx only....I think the stock gearing is perfect too.....second pulls forever in a start, first has enough snap off the bottom and is long enough to get you over insane stuff with very little runup. I cant think of anything id like to change for the track.

i changed to a 51 for the bush and it really helped...for the track i would stay stock.

I bought a 50, and I like it better than the stock setup. Second gear for the tight corners, and a quick short shift to third. Third still pulls hard and long. Never have to use first.

i have a renthal 52 in blue for $50. used once

Renthal Blue 50T sprocket allows me to ride the tracks in 3rd and 4th gears. Less shifting the better.

Renthal Blue 50T sprocket allows me to ride the tracks in 3rd and 4th gears. Less shifting the better.

I've been thinking that a 50 toother might work better for the couple of tracks that I've been riding. On a number of corners 3rd seems just a tad high and I'd rather avoid shifting down into second.