450-complete uncork for break in? or just throttle stop first 20 miles of mototune

I have all my my junk to uncork the 450, just looking for opinions on doing just the throttle stop mod for the initial break in, I just don't want the jetting to be funky while I beat on it to seat the rings. Thanks folks.

Scott

I didn't uncork mine for the breakin but I live in a really hilly area so I just hit one of the coastal rodes and loaded/unloaded the rings in the hills. It was just over 20 miles round trip, perfect mileage for that first oil change!

If its running good now, goahead and break her in. It really shouldnt matter, but if its running good now you can get the break in out of the way before getting all complicated with the mods :banana: just do it in small sessions as not to create a glaze :ride: Oh ya dont forget to rip her up

My FAST:devil: is sitting on my shoulder telling me to mod it and rod it. It may be the LONESTAR :ride: talking, but I am going to uncork it and rip it in increments while letting it cool between short sessions. Thanks for the input. I am starting the mods tonight and will hopefully be able to get some tomorrow. I am out of beer so that is a good thing.

Later,

Scott

Well I did all the usual mods last night. I didn't get a chance to go ride and break it in, but I did get to blow it out for a couple minutes after letting it warm up, crazy difference. I hope my jetting is up to snuff for a break in. I went 168 mj, 48 pilot and red #4, fuel screw at 2 turns, It was cool this morning so I waited until it warmed up outside to ride for a minute, being I have the red needle in. Can't wait to go see what it really has. Thanks for the replies.

Scott

My FAST:devil: is sitting on my shoulder telling me to mod it and rod it. It may be the LONESTAR :ride: talking, but I am going to uncork it and rip it in increments while letting it cool between short sessions. Thanks for the input. I am starting the mods tonight and will hopefully be able to get some tomorrow. I am out of beer so that is a good thing.

Later,

Scott

I would advise doing all the mods - the motor will thank you for it and rev a lot easier...

This is the key (BOLD above). I modded mine and then did "mototune" method in short bursts, starting with around 2/3 throttle. Up and down through the gears, loading and unloading the rings on decels as well. Do for around 10-15mins, let cool, change oil, repeat etc. Working up to Full but not heavily loaded RPM - NOT on the RPM limiter! Keep oil fresh and just dont LUG it. :banana: