Headlight Issues

I Have An 02 650r And Am Not Happy With The Stock Headlight. Any Advice As To A Good Relatively Inexpensive Aftermarket Replacement, Dont Want To Make Any Stator Mods. Also Interested In An On/off Switch To Go With It

check with acerbis,they sell for about 80 bucks and the twin beams look cool,same 55w bulb.

I went with a baja designs duel sport headlight it comes with a replacement glass lamp and turn signals horn on /off swithch battery and relay all the wiring including battery is hidden in the front plastic behind the light......its briliant! :banana::busted::smirk::ride:

Well worth it and you can leave your stator alone!

I Have An 02 650r And Am Not Happy With The Stock Headlight. Any Advice As To A Good Relatively Inexpensive Aftermarket Replacement, Dont Want To Make Any Stator Mods. Also Interested In An On/off Switch To Go With It

It depends on how much money you want to spend.

I bought a new bulb (A-3603) It is a 25wt/25wt dual filament bulb. I soldered the two contacts together at the base and called it good. It has the same socket base as the stocker. I used an XR/CRF 70 engine kill switch for the bar mounted headlight on/off switch as it is a toggle type. Switch off E-bay was $8.00 a pack of bulbs was $3.00 from my local dealer.

Good Luck

Replace the stock lense with a glass one from an XR400....get it from your Honda dealer. You'll need the glass lense, and the rubber boot, then buy a 55w H3 bulb for it. BIG difference in light quality and quanity. I also switched to an LED taillight to lighten the elec. load for the headlight.