I Hate My New '06 Yz450f!

First of all, those little factory warning stickers are a pain to remove. Second, i had to mill out the chain guide to fit my 52 tooth sprocket and x-ring chain. thirdly, it's too damn light and easy to ride? i want my CRF back.

P.S. i hope the valves are bad...i'm itching to tear down another bike before i break it in.

i love the bike, sorry about the sarcasm. i put a 52 tooth sprocket on, am i alone. i thought there was a 51 from the factory. turns out it comes with a 49 tooth. so, now i went up three teeth. i rode it last night. honestly coming off a crf with a 51 tooth rear, i'm kind of used to it. i'm wondering what will happen if i put the 49 back on?

i love the bike, sorry about the sarcasm. i put a 52 tooth sprocket on, am i alone. i thought there was a 51 from the factory. turns out it comes with a 49 tooth. so, now i went up three teeth. i rode it last night. honestly coming off a crf with a 51 tooth rear, i'm kind of used to it. i'm wondering what will happen if i put the 49 back on?

hmmm told you on the 49, but you just didn't believe me.... :ride::banana:

I usually ride a bike before I start changing stuff, but maybe that's just me..

there's some pretty misleading info out there. one site says upto 05 it's 49 then in 06, goes to 51. another says something different.

just got back from riding. that 52 is a torque monster. i need to tone this down a little. if i go back to the 49, will i have more control?

just got back from riding. that 52 is a torque monster. i need to tone this down a little. if i go back to the 49, will i have more control?

Yes, the 49 is nice and smooth. I'm a slow ass over 30 rider and I like the 49 on MX tracks. Unless you ride on real tight tracks or woods the 49 is good. Sprockets are cheap what do you got to lose right?

Enjoy the bike the '06 is awesome!

just switched over to my 49 tooth and took it out for a spin. seems alot nicer. too bad my wife's bugging my to go shopping with her. "hey honey, let's go to the bike shop".

anyone want to buy a 52 tooth blue anodized renthal? $50. only has three hours on it. like new.

52...riding arenacross?

Different sprockets doesn't mean anything when riding MX or most other types of riding. Just have to hit stuff a gear higher. I run a 13 51 on my bike and wish I went to a 52 or 53. Sprockets only really change how low first gear is and what the top speed is. Considering I've yet to hit 5th or even 4th gear on my bike with it geared down I don't really need the top speed and I do a bit of woods riding in the summer so the deep first helps a LOT when boonie crashing over logs and brush piles. The 14 51 my bike came with was WAY too tall for my kind of riding.

Different sprockets doesn't mean anything when riding MX or most other types of riding. Just have to hit stuff a gear higher. I run a 13 51 on my bike and wish I went to a 52 or 53. Sprockets only really change how low first gear is and what the top speed is. Considering I've yet to hit 5th or even 4th gear on my bike with it geared down I don't really need the top speed and I do a bit of woods riding in the summer so the deep first helps a LOT when boonie crashing over logs and brush piles. The 14 51 my bike came with was WAY too tall for my kind of riding.

thanks for the info....my comment was mainly sarcasm about the arenacross...

I disagree with you, changing a sprocket effects and changes every gear not just first. Different sprockets do mean something when riding MX or other types of riding...if they didn't mean anything why change them :ride::banana:

Putting a 51 on a '06 would narrow the entire power range I believe and allow me to shift more...I could start in third gear in deep sand and instead of using mostly third around the track I would be stuck between third and fourth...

I have only run the the stock 49 on my '06 and so far I see no reason to change.

i have to say, i've ridden with the 52 and 49 today and can tell a difference in first through fourth. the 52 is difficult in tight turns, at least for me.