HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raven1911

How many miles to the stock tank?

2 posts in this topic

I have no way of judging my mileage on my bike. I was just wondering it any of you know how many miles you can get out of a stock tank from a 2001 YZ426F?

I have a desert tank 3.3 gal in which I did 80 miles and still had some gas left over, but happen to be riding with someone with a GPS device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have the stock tank on my 2002 YZ426 and i can easily get 40 miles on a tank. Most of the riding i do is no longer than 40 miles on a loop, and if i go to ride more that day and refill, i usually can see a bit of gas leftover, but not much.

I ride mostly trails and average like 25mph to 60mph. Sort of aggressive compared to some people we ride with so i know if i was going slower, i could get even better MPG. Maybe 50 miles if i ran on fumes?

I think my stock is 2.1 gallons? That is what the Yamaha website says.

It didn't have the 2001 YZ426 on there.