HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfqbrex12

info on '04 YZ450F

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys i just bought a '04 YZ450F bike looks brand new runs great! I got a great deal on it, but not sure what the kinks are of the bike and what if anything i should be looking to do or looking for. Bike has a Yosh slip on. And a revalve by reactive suspension. Any help would be great guys thanks a lot.

You have a lot of work ahead of you. You're going to have to do regular oil changes and keep your air filter clean.

And don't forget to check the valve clearance 3 times a year.

Oh,yeah. And change the timing chain every year or two.

And who knows, someday it might need a spark plug.

Think you can handle that?

I like my 04' a lot- good purchase. I raised the forks 5mm up the triple clamps to improve on turn in- it made a difference. These bikes do push a bit in the corners when stock- but once you make the proper adjustments the bike will do what you want. Make sure your sag is set in the back, if the front tire is stock- chuck it and go for a more intermediate or soft terrain tire- the stock tire is for hard pack and sucks for turning a MX bike. I went with a storm linkage in the rear and helped the turnability even more. My next step is to lower the radiators- when I do I will post the results. Late