HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACMoodz

New Pipe and Jetting = Slower...???

9 posts in this topic

My 05 650L feels slower!!!!! I put an XRs Only ss header and muffler with the quiet insert and a dynojet kit and...de-snorkeled. Bottom end is a little better but it falls flat on the top end. Any suggestions?

My 05 650L feels slower!!!!! I put an XRs Only ss header and muffler with the quiet insert and a dynojet kit and...de-snorkeled. Bottom end is a little better but it falls flat on the top end. Any suggestions?

I run the same pipe minus the quiet core and have only gained on the top. May be larger main and you might want to see what it runs like with out the Q core. You will have to experiment. I ended up putting on the XRs only mikuni flat slide carb and this thing runs so much better its amazing.

Do a couple full throttle speed runs then pull the plug and check for color. Its probably to lean. When you start to roll on the throttle up near the top end and it starts to flatten let back off on the throttle slowly and see if it kinda starts to pull again. This is also a sign of to lean top end.

Did you also change the air filter?

Yes, I installed a unifilter. I am gonna go back to the facory needle and shim it and try a larger main (that would complete "Daves mods")

Just change 1 thing at a time, not 2.

Go with the larger main first.

When tuning carbs, never adjust 2 variables at once. You will never know which is taking care of the problem.

I have the Dynojet main in it now. I have several main jets. Will regular jets work with a dynojet needle?

I have the Dynojet main in it now. I have several main jets. Will regular jets work with a dynojet needle?

They worked for me but in the end I went back to the factory needle shimmed.

i had the same problem. djet kit and used the 165 main it came with. dropped down to the 160 main and problem solved. keep the djet needle and settings the kit recomends, just try the 160. oh, drill the slide.