HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
obrianmcc

XR 600 Problems????

6 posts in this topic

My brother in Law was riding his 600 the other day and it popped and died???? He could push start it but if he stopped it would die??? He check the valves and put in a new plug....rode it to work the next day and it died again??? he let is sit for a few minutes and then it restarted??? I suspect the stator but he is leaning towards the coil...is there a way to test either of the components so he does not replace the wrong part? has anyone here had the same type of symptoms? He says that when it warms up it runs worse??? :ride::banana: any help would be appreciated!

That's just about what mine did when it was the stator. Try and rule out anything else before replacing it. About the only test for the stator is to measure the resistance. Mine always read within the spec even though it was the problem. When I was having starting problems, I looked at the spark and it was really weak. I rewound mine and afterwards it ran way better.