HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheriffwoody

WR/YZ 18"/19" Wheel fitting question

5 posts in this topic

I have an 05 WR450F with the stock 18" rim. Will a 19" paddle tire (on a 19" YZ rim of coarse) clear everything on the WR?

In other words, i want to have a second rear rim to mount a paddle on it so I can do 'quick switches'. Of coarse the YZ rim is easier to find and cheaper, but it is 19". I know 18" tires and 19" tires are nearly the same diameter, but will the paddle clear the swingarm???

I have exactly that set up. 18" knobbie and a 19" paddle on my 06 WR450. Works fine with no problems. Go for it!!!!

Thanks, Cal.

Would it be smarter to run the 19 nobbie or 19 paddle?

Do I have to remove the rubber piece in front of the rear tire for the paddle?

I have that setup on my 250F and am looking to do the same for the 450. Where did you find the 19" rim? I have a new 18" paddle, but no rim for it. I suppose I could return the tire for a 19 if I found that rim first.