HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jawmail

Downshifting at a stoplight

8 posts in this topic

Why is it when I stop completely and then try to downshift to first it doesn't go easily. The lever moves but no downshifts occur. I have to tap the lever down like 10 times. If I'm moving then it downshifts normally with a clunk. Any ideas.

Mine does the same thing. :crazy:

Once I am stopped, I let the clutch out slightly, just enough to start to engage, then shift down into 1st and it seems to go in fine.

I am never done shifting into 1st at stop signs, only get as low as second, much to large of a "gap" between 1st & 2nd gear for me to use it as a braking downshift effectively.

I'd chirp the wheel going into 1st if i tried.

I am never done shifting into 1st at stop signs, only get as low as second, much to large of a "gap" between 1st & 2nd gear for me to use it as a braking downshift effectively.

I'd chirp the wheel going into 1st if i tried.

clutch control :crazy:

Why is it when I stop completely and then try to downshift to first it doesn't go easily. The lever moves but no downshifts occur. I have to tap the lever down like 10 times. If I'm moving then it downshifts normally with a clunk. Any ideas.

Why is it your fault when your woman buys pants that make her ass look fat?

Same answer: "that's just the way it is..."

Motorcycle use a constant mesh transmission. Shifting is acomplished by engaging and disengaging "dogs" in the transmission; no gears actually engage or disengage.

W/o getting into even more details, the dog engagment works best when both primary (engine) and secondary (wheel) transmission shafts are turning.

--Soren

Why is it your fault when your woman buys pants that make her ass look fat?

The pants don't make her ass look fat, her overeating makes her ass look fat.

:crazy: