HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motoxer667

WR exhaust on a YZ will it fit?

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 YZ 426 and would like to put the WR muffler on it. Living in Michigan I need to pass 94 dB's and it is a pain. I have a Big Gun with a quiet core and it is around 97 dB's. I can get it down to 91 but it is not ridable.

I need to know if the wr muffler will fit and what years. Also, do you have to replace the head pipe?

Thanks in advance :ride::ride::crazy:

Just guessing, but since the WR guys are constantly buying up left over stock YZ exhausts as a cheap hop-up, I would venture that a WR muffler from an '00-'02 would bolt up. You'll loose some performance, though, and you'll probably need to rejet.

The headers are the same on both bikes.

I have an 01 426 and ran a WR pipe on my bike for a year at least and it worked fine. I still have it if you are interested. :crazy:

It came off of a 02 WR 426 and I also have the stock quiet insert that goes with it. I honestly did not feel that much of a power decrease and the sound level do go down a bit although I never had it tested.

I have an 01 426 and ran a WR pipe on my bike for a year at least and it worked fine. I still have it if you are interested. :crazy:

It came off of a 02 WR 426 and I also have the stock quiet insert that goes with it. I honestly did not feel that much of a power decrease and the sound level do go down a bit although I never had it tested.

Yes I am interested

i've used a wr400 pipe on my yz400 and it's a direct swap.. fits perfect...