WR exhaust on a YZ will it fit?

I have a 2001 YZ 426 and would like to put the WR muffler on it. Living in Michigan I need to pass 94 dB's and it is a pain. I have a Big Gun with a quiet core and it is around 97 dB's. I can get it down to 91 but it is not ridable.

I need to know if the wr muffler will fit and what years. Also, do you have to replace the head pipe?

Thanks in advance :ride::ride::crazy:

Just guessing, but since the WR guys are constantly buying up left over stock YZ exhausts as a cheap hop-up, I would venture that a WR muffler from an '00-'02 would bolt up. You'll loose some performance, though, and you'll probably need to rejet.

The headers are the same on both bikes.

I have an 01 426 and ran a WR pipe on my bike for a year at least and it worked fine. I still have it if you are interested. :crazy:

It came off of a 02 WR 426 and I also have the stock quiet insert that goes with it. I honestly did not feel that much of a power decrease and the sound level do go down a bit although I never had it tested.

I have an 01 426 and ran a WR pipe on my bike for a year at least and it worked fine. I still have it if you are interested. :crazy:

It came off of a 02 WR 426 and I also have the stock quiet insert that goes with it. I honestly did not feel that much of a power decrease and the sound level do go down a bit although I never had it tested.

Yes I am interested

i've used a wr400 pipe on my yz400 and it's a direct swap.. fits perfect...