HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CampCounty4Fifty

Adding FMF power bomb to 02' YZ426F

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys - I have a question - in the process of adding an FMF powerbomb header to my son's '02 YZ426F - the header comes really close (like within an 1/8 of an inch) the the coolant hose coming out of the bottom of the radiator. :ride: I am concerned it will melt the hose....any suggestions ? :crazy:

Has anyone else added this header to the 426 , and success ?

You can try heat wrap...I am thinking about putting this on mine just to prevent me from burning a hole in my jeans when I take it for a quick spin around the block.

I don't think so! It runs close on all of them,I have seen guys cut another line and wrap it using safety wire or zip ties!

The hose is OK (it's full of coolant, remember). If you put heat wrap on anything, put it on the hose, not the header.

Hey guys - I have a question - in the process of adding an FMF powerbomb header to my son's '02 YZ426F - the header comes really close (like within an 1/8 of an inch) the the coolant hose coming out of the bottom of the radiator. :ride: I am concerned it will melt the hose....any suggestions ? :crazy:

Has anyone else added this header to the 426 , and success ?

I have the PB on my '02, it does NOT touch the hoses (it comes close), don't worry. However, 1/8" seems awefully close, mine is more like 1/2". I'm running the full Ti-4 system on my 426, the PB definitely gives the bike more hit, and is quite a rush. But to be honest, I prefer the smooth delivery of the stock header.

Torquelover, You can use the power bomb with the stock silencer. I don't know why you would, you will gain more by changing the slip-on rather than the header.

CampCounty, I have the whole system and it is close to the coolant hose, but its been on there for over a year and haven't had any problems yet.

i have a 02 426 and i have a bowerbomb header with a power core 4 muffler and the header does get pretty hot but i hant had no problems with it melting any hoses but did melt some riding pants