HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poison-dwarf

2005 wr throttle stop

7 posts in this topic

do i need to do the mod or not, all info on here that i can find that is points to 250/400/426. if so any pictures and lenghts etc. would be ace!

sorry if i am asking old and boring stuff!! :crazy:

i have done the airbox and AIS. exhaust and grey wire, thanks to this site, and yes it did make a massive difference, the main ones being the grey wire and exhaust.

thanks

lloyd

P-D:

The most straightforward solution is to purchase and install the 2005 YZ450 throttle stop. Part number is 5NL-14591-00-00 according to a previous post.

Cairn

thanks guys, i will check which one i have got and go from there, i will order the YZ part anyway.

before i start is it easy to find, as i said earlier all i can find are links for 250, 400's and 426's. is it in the same place under the metal cover as in i have to remove it and i will find it?

i know, i know, you have all done it, its easy! but so is rocket science to a rocket scientist!!

You don't need to remove amy covers to get to the t-stop screw.

Look at the bottom of the section that the cable is routed to . I found access was easier from the left side from in front of the rear tire.

ok on the case tonight!!! :crazy:

ace just done it! found the screw which was fitted was already cut! it must have been done by the dealer. it measures 22m total length. i suppose it is fully open then!