Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Acerbis Hand Guards on 2006 WR450F

15 posts in this topic

Anyone here have any problems putting the plastick hand guards on their 06's due to the large quick adjust know for the clutch cable?

Yeah, I did, but on the break leves side. I just ground off a little bit of the plastic with a dremel.

Thanks for the info,and pics guys. albertlui, those are the nicest hand guards I ever saw, what are they called? i have seen many made by Acerbis but those have to be the nicest.

I put the Rally II on my 450 just the other day. They fit on very easily. I think they took less than 15 minutes to install, I was pretty happy with the mounting hardware. I have a Baja Designs street leagl kit on mine and with the addition of all the extra controls and a Trail Tech on the right bar all I needed to do was rotate the front brake lever about 1/4 inch upwards. They are a bit thin for what some people like to call "crash guards" but seem to work great as handguards.

I have the standard rally pros and I love them Ive recked pretty hard and they are as good as new (well with some scratches that is). :crazy:

the acerbis rally pro were kind of a b*tch to install on the clutch side of my wr because of the big ole lever. I had to buy a nylon spacer to make it fit.

I had the same prob on my WR250F , i tried everything incl. moving levers further down bars and eventually filed a bit off lever to make fit.Did u make the nylon insert or did u buy it ? If u bought it was it specifically for this prob?Sorry for all 20 questions but just really interested cos i had same prob.