HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigtooth

Shock compatibility

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a 1994 xr600L rear shock will fit on a '91 xr600r. My rear shock is leaking oil and I want to get it sent out for a rebuild, or rebuild it myself, but I dont know the first thing about rebuilding a shock, and I have no way to recharge it, but I wouldnt know where to send it or how much it will cost. So I am trying to find a temporary replacement on ebay.

Most local cycle shops can do the rebuild. If it's just getting the seals replaced, it's not usually very much. It's the revalving that costs $140. Just new seals is less maybe $60 or so.

I'm pretty sure that 91 thru 2000 shocks are compatible. They don't all look the same though. I did the ebay thing for my 93. I have a 97 shock in it and it is working great. I got it for about $30. The main reason was to avoid down time. When I get around to it, I'll send my original one in for revalving.