HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brokr4u

CRF 250X Rear Suspension adjustment

5 posts in this topic

I have a brand new 250x and I think I need to adjust the rear suspension for my weight. Owners manual says it comes set for a 150 lb. rider. At 200 lbs. how do I adjust and how much do I adjust the rear spring?

im the same weight and same bike i just set the sag to about 4 inches and then set the clickers i also backed the highspeed adjuster out one turn and it made a big difference in the way the bike rides in the rough stuff.

I have the 04 crf250x and am about 185lbs so im trying to figure out how to and what to set suspension at. This will be good guideline.

you can adjust it with the clickers and spring preload all you want, but to get the best performance and ride out of it you'll most likely need to go to a stiffer spring rate and possibly have it revalved.

I have a brand new 250x and I think I need to adjust the rear suspension for my weight. Owners manual says it comes set for a 150 lb. rider. At 200 lbs. how do I adjust and how much do I adjust the rear spring?

Technically speaking -- you will not be able to properly set the sag with the stock springs. I would recommend you start with stiffer springs (fork & shock) to match your weight like Crash217 said. This is gonna cost more $$, but it's the right way to do it. You don't need to revalve the suspension at this point.