Dual petcocks tank set up

I just got my over sized tank and I am wondering how people have run their fuel lines for the dual petcocks.

Anyone got some pictures of the setup. No real directions came with it, just a T. Its pretty self explanatory, but I wanna know if there are any good tips you guys can give me.

Which tank did you get?

I got the natural Acerbis 3.4. I bought it from a fellow TT'r that was parting out all the trick stuff on his ride. I got a smoking deal on it, and it is in great shape. Its freakin huge though. Its very narrow and feels good, will have to see how the extra weight feels when its full.

• 3 weeks later...

New question for this old thread I started.

For those of you that are running dual petcocks, what do you do for the fuel line that runs above the header?

I noticed it is very close(about 1.5 to 2 inches).

Steel braided fuel line, wrap the line in high heat muffler tape? Leave it be?

What are you guys doing? Any pictures?

New question for this old thread I started.

For those of you that are running dual petcocks, what do you do for the fuel line that runs above the header?

I noticed it is very close(about 1.5 to 2 inches).

Steel braided fuel line, wrap the line in high heat muffler tape? Leave it be?

What are you guys doing? Any pictures?

Mine is about 2 inches and I've never had a problem however I have thought about wrapping it in that area with some stainless steel covering or something similar...

I have oversized tanks for both of my bikes, but don't bother to run two fuel valves. I only use the one fuel valve and I put a block off plate on the other side by the header.

If your just cruising on the road this might be a problem, but on a track or trail it will slosh around enough to run bone dry.

Believe me...I know. :ride:

Mine is about 2 inches and I've never had a problem however I have thought about wrapping it in that area with some stainless steel covering or something similar...

I would assume that that is the norm, other wise it would seem they would give you something other then standard fuel line when you buy the tank. I just keep picturing my bike and me catching on fire :banana::busted: as hot as 426 pipes run.

I wrapped it with high heat muffler tape. Guess I will see how it does.

Thanks. :ride: