valve clearences...sorry

both exhausts are within specs, but all intakes are tight(clutch side being worse) i can get a 0.05mm under middle and left but it wont slide under the clutch side...is this bad?

shim on right side intake is a 186 i figured going to a 175 would be ok?..maybe a 170 would be safer.

also i am struggling getting the other two buckets out, anyone got a special trick?

:crazy:

p.s no wonder i have a hanging idle :ride:

both exhausts are within specs, but all intakes are tight(clutch side being worse) i can get a 0.05mm under middle and left but it wont slide under the clutch side...is this bad?

shim on right side intake is a 186 i figured going to a 175 would be ok?..maybe a 170 would be safer.

also i am struggling getting the other two buckets out, anyone got a special trick?

:crazy:

p.s no wonder i have a hanging idle :ride:

Yep, that would explain the hanging idle. As for the buckets that are tough to get out, I gently grab them with a pair of Robogrips to pull them up. If they are really stuck, you might be looking at further problems like the journals being worn. Hopefully it will come right out....maybe the guy before you overtightened the cam caps?

...by the way has anyone got any pics of what a knackered journal looks like, i just put it back in and am hoping it will be ok(it has been that way for nigh on 3 years because i havn't checked them untill now :crazy:), it definately seems like the person that owned the bike before me overtightened the caps.

p.s would the clearences be affected by overtightened caps?