Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fire426

2001 clutch in a 2000...426 ?

15 posts in this topic

Need some help.....will a complete clutch, including the basket and inner hub from a 01 426 fit into a 2000 426. if so are there any other parts that would need to replaced i.e. short/long push rod assembly, thrust washer...etc.

I think the 01 has a different gear on the basket, so it may not work on the 00. If you want an 01 spec clutch, all you need is a few parts, see my thread on "Clutch fix for 00 YZ 426F" or something to that effect for more info.

I think the 01 has a different gear on the basket, so it may not work on the 00. If you want an 01 spec clutch, all you need is a few parts, see my thread on "Clutch fix for 00 YZ 426F" or something to that effect for more info.

I wish they would sticky that to the top. After the 450 cam mod, that is the next best thing! :crazy:

It's not my bike it's a friends. I have a 01 ..... He got it from a guy in Portland.

another ? would the clutch pack from the 01 fit in the 2000 basket?

Hey is this Rob??

Ryan

Ryan, If you run across any info on this let me know.

It's not my bike it's a friends. I have a 01 ..... He got it from a guy in Portland.

another ? would the clutch pack from the 01 fit in the 2000 basket?

The '01 setup has a boss spring in place of one of the disks in the '00 setup. The pushrod setup is also different.

Here the list of parts need to convert the '00 setup to the far superior '01 setup

parts list for the 2000 --> 2001 clutch mod

5JG-16321-00-00 PLATE, FRICTION

5JG-16383-00-00 SPRING, CLUTCH BOSS

5JG-16384-00-00 PLATE, SEAT

93511-32027-00 BEARING, BALL (PUSH ROD ASSY.)

5BE-16356-00-00 ROD, PUSH 1

5JG-16357-10-00 ROD, PUSH 2

5JG-15453-00-00 GASKET, CLUTCH COVER

You can go to www.yamahaoftroy.com and use their parts finder if you want an exploded view to actually see the differences between the two setups.

Go to:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

Click "proceed to parts catalog". Put in "motorcycles", "2001", and "YZ426FN", then go to the clutch page. You need all of items 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 21 and 22. Items 7 and 8 are the basic clutch plates, and if yours are OK, and you have the right number of each, you can most likely reuse them. However, if you are planning to replace the basket, you should use at least new friction plates (#8). The basket ASSEMBLY from Yamaha has a revised part number, but I don't know what the difference is, exactly. However, the Hinson basket, which utilizes the OEM gear and cushion, is the same for all 3 years.

I wish they would sticky that to the top. After the 450 cam mod, that is the next best thing! :crazy:

It used to be there, but someone decided it wasn't deserving of a sticky apparently.

thanx for all of the help.....everyone. I'm new to thumper talk and to getting a big 4-stroke. you guys have been great ......thanx again.