HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darksun27

Yz to wr flywheel??

14 posts in this topic

allright, im looking to trade a guy for a wr 400 flywheel and stator to put on my 2002 yz 426, i was just wonering if these two flywheels and stators will swap out

I know this has been covered before, and I think there's some swapping or clipping of wires in order for it to work right. I had a YZ motor that I put into a WR frame (and WR electrics). In order for it to start at all I had to change to the WR stator/flywheel. I think there's a yellow wire that can be attached to a ground making it workable. Do a search and I think you'll find your answer.

allright thanks, ive allready done a search and didnt find much though. but in order for the trade to work the yz flywheel and stator must work on the wr and the wr stator and flywheel must work on the yz with little or no modifications

allright, im looking to trade a guy for a wr 400 flywheel and stator to put on my 2002 yz 426, i was just wonering if these two flywheels and stators will swap out

Ground the pink wire.The yellow wire is live for lights etc:.You need to put a voltage regulator on the yellow wire too.Wr 426 stator puts out more voltage apparently,i have heard of people putting the 426 one on the 400

ground the pink wire!!! then the rest will work..

He's got it right.

If I ground the pink wire on my 01 yz426, then send the yellow to a voltage regulator, will I have a few amps for a light? That would be sweet. oh ya it sure would.

If I ground the pink wire on my 01 yz426, then send the yellow to a voltage regulator, will I have a few amps for a light? That would be sweet. oh ya it sure would.

That is on a WR stator & flywheel fitted to a YZ.

thanks for the knowledge essex and slopoke. I will prob buy a wr stator and flywheel after my motor is finished. :crazy:

does anyone know how much more a wr flywheel weighs than a yzf?

Good question...I'll try and look it up tomorrow for you.

To get a spark you'll need to do the pink wire mod or change out the CDI unit, otherwise it won't even start although all the CDI units all look the same.

But you won't get the max HP out of the YZ with a WR flywheel without modifying the stator so that it can be rotated to alter the ignition timing. It runs pretty well- you may not even notice it off-road, but for road riding or supermoto the power drop off is noticeable.

I did weigh both the flywheels once, it's about double, this is from memory and may be way off, 3 1/2 pounds for the YZ and 7 pounds for the WR.