Should I put OIL in my gas during Breakin

No, you should not put oil in your gas, unless you bought a two stroke. Is the exhaust pipe really big near the motor and then tapers down? If not you have a four stroke. Good luck!

Heres some good info:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

It looks like your break in period actually relies on friction to seat the rings for maximum compression:) So I wouldnt add the oil to your gas.

:crazy: motoman is the... well, man. Even if I do say so myself. (I wish he would do more of his magazine articles- but I know he is busy right now :ride: )

Again - do not put oil in your 4 stroke engine!!!

For me break-in: I always use 92 octane, make sure my engine is well warmed up, then ride it hard using both accleration and engine braking. Change the oil and filter at 20 miles and again at 100 miles then follow a regular mantainence schedule. Use non-synthetic oil for the first 2000 miles to help seal the rings. Then do whatever you decide is best.

I get alot of crap from people telling me I'm hurting my engine but I have broken in 6 (4 stroke) bikes this way. On the 4 I have dynoed they all end up running stronger (and longer) than stock. :ride: Just my 2 cents... whatever that's worth.

Read what motoman has to say as he is far more knowedgable than I. But everything he has to say comes from sound theories and years of personal experience.

XRYoda there is no need of being a smart@ss (or trying to be) i know my bike is not a 2 stroke as i said in my post, it's my first thumper, but I heard a bit of oil in the gas in cars/ and bikes during the first tank helps lubricate everything and won't foul the plug enough to do any damage. Anyhow I was just out on it for the first ride (no oil in gas) and she's Gutless, I could not be more disapointed, it will barely pull a wheellie in first gear, im trying to break her in by giving her shots of fuel and brake to seat everything in like most recommend, and I have some oil and filter ready for the changes soon as things break/wear in. I hope when i get the parts to do the mods she will come alive like you guys say....

Anyhow I was just out on it for the first ride (no oil in gas) and she's Gutless, I could not be more disapointed, it will barely pull a wheellie in first gear, ....

DO THE FREE MODS and hang on. Beeeeleeeeeive me you won't be dissappointed. Just don't try too hard to pull a wheelie. You might land on your a**.

Break in - use good high octane fuel (don't want detonation on a new motor as it will add even more heat to that caused by the extra friction), no oil in the fuel, and NO CONSTANT THROTTLE. Load her up with the throttle and back off to bed the rings in (no need to use the brakes) but don't load up for long periods at the start as this will overheat the rings and they will loose their tension. Build it up gradually. Change your oil and filter after only a few hours from new. No synthetic oil until about 1000KM (600M). After about 200KM you'll be riding flat out with a grin from ear to ear catching bugs with your teeth and roosting your mates. That means your bike is run in.

I broke in my 2005 WR450 on the Malcolm Smith trail up in Big Bear, Ca., by accident.... thinking it was just an easy "warm-up" trail..... needless to say, the bike has gobbs of power now (about 550 mile on the odo). I wish I knew of Motomans break-in technique years ago.... it make sooooo much sense.

Jesse