Triple Clamp Head Bolt

After my recent move I can't find my ^%$#*& manual. I replaced my stock triple clamp with the Scotts combo and don't know how tight to torque the head bolt. Riding this weekend and don't want to wind up with a handful of bars and nothing else....

Help....

Triple clamp pinch bolt:17ft/lb

Handlebar holder bolts:17ft/lb

Just curious...did you get the dampener from Scotts? That's my next purchase I think, have one on my 2001 CBR929RR Erion Racing and love it! No more high speed headshake when the front end comes down from those stand-up wheelies! shocked.gif

Not worried about the bolts u mentioned looking for the Head bolt ( the big center one) 30mm by the way...

Yes I got the combo from Scotts for $599.

Bars, Triple & stabilizer. Friends tell me once you've ridden with one you'll wonder how u did without.

Stay Upright.

hey blue

i got a complete (tag bars top clamp GPR stabliser) from BRP. whole kit was $590 tax and all. i am very happy with the setup. you can see it on BRPIT.com they make their own top clamps. got a tour of his shop and he showed me all of the other stuff they make. i thought it was a good deal you might want to check it out.

------------------

wr42601

yz timed now

some mods

105 ft/lb on the steering shaft nut.

slasher..thanks for the info on the BRP, will check it out but I'm real partial to the Scotts since I already have the damper and will just need the mount kit.

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin(plus everythhing else cool that Ty offers), Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Thanks for the help guys. 11:00PM time to fire up the air compressor and piss off the neighbors....j/k the ol silent torque wrench...

blue;

you can get the kit for SCOTTS or GPR. i have mine drilled for GPR or SCOTTS so i can put either one on. but i am partical to the GPR. i think it is more durable IMO

------------------

wr42601

yz timed now

some mods