Rekluse and Lowered WR450 First Impression

I rode the San Luis Obispo Dual Sport this weekend (class act event by the way!) and finally had a chance to try out my Rekluse clutch. I also recently had the bike lowered by having spacers made for the suspension.

Rekluse - So far I love it! In the tight technical stuff it is like cheating. As long as you are in first or second, you can "tractor" up the steepest rutted hills without much effort. Just roll the throttle on or off depending on the need. I tend to get arm pump, but it wasn't until late in the day that my arms got tired. The course took us down some steep rutted trails where you had to slide some. Had to get use to the new type of engine breaking thats available with the Rekluse. If you are off the throttle, the bike coasts. Roll it on a little and some engine breaking kicks in. Wasn't that big of a deal.

I think I'm going to really enjoy this thing. :ride:

Lowering - I had the bike lowered about 1.5 inches. It has changed the way the bike handles. Seems to corner better on tight goat trails. Its also nice to now have the ability to put my feet down while negotiating slow speed obstacles.

Conclusion - Now I feel that this bike is set up the way I need to ride advanced terrain. Should have done the mods long ago. :crazy::ride:

could you tell me what you did to lower your bike thanks

I took my bike to a local shop and the guy took the suspension apart and made spacers for the shock and forks assemblies that lowered the bike about 1.5 inches.

There are shops in Australia that will do this for cheap. Do a search of this forum for more info.