What are the Best Street Legal knobbies for Dual Sporting?

I have to swap out my off road nobbies for some DOT aproved ones when I dual sport my WR ( parts should be here in a week ). Just wondering what experience you guys had with DOT DS tires?

Perelli MT-whateveryoulike up front. 16,18 and 21 are all DOT with the 21 being the "official" one. Kenda Trackmaster II on the back.

MT 18s seem pretty aggressive I have front and rear ordered for mine.

Dunlop D606. Front and back

Another vote for Dunlop D606. Long life, hooks up well, reasonable price.

I have to swap out my off road nobbies for some DOT aproved ones when I dual sport my WR ( parts should be here in a week ). Just wondering what experience you guys had with DOT DS tires?

How much are you riding on the road? This is the biggest factor in deciding your purchase.

I have tried the Dunlop 606, it lasted fairly well ~1600kms, I am hard on my tires :ride: . I found that Dunlop 952's (non DOT) lasts just as long easily but provides 10X the grip everywhere. Seriously. I had a spare dunlop 606 but sold it off because they had such poor grip.

Dunlop 606's are only good on the road! they would be good if you ride your bike to work during the week then had a play in the dirt every second weekend.

Do you really have to run DOT tires? :crazy:

I'm registered and don't run DOT tires.

Thanks for the feedback guys, id say 1/2 my riding will be on the road, however most of that is dirt road..... but when it's wet i don't wanna slip on the pavement either.

Pirelli MT-18HD or the Pirelli MT-83 scropion for the front. The MT-83 is more aggressive but won't last as long. For the rear I've "heard" the trakmaster II is a decent setup.

Dunlop 606's are only good on the road! they would be good if you ride your bike to work during the week then had a play in the dirt every second weekend.

Do you really have to run DOT tires? :crazy:

I'm registered and don't run DOT tires.

I totally disagree. Try the D606 for yourself. You will not be let down.

The 606 is nowhere near as good,offroad as the Kenda trackmaster on the rear.

Do not use a trackmaster up front though.

Just grind off the "Not" in "Not For Highway Use" on you favorite offroad tires and take it easy on the road.

I don't have DOT tires and I ride the road...

I would argue I'm not on the "highway" so whats the big deal.

I'm stubborn like a lawyer like that. (no I'm not a lawyer)