HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Numskull

How Red Does Your Pipe Get?

9 posts in this topic

Im just wondering if your pipe glows :crazy: How does it make you feel?

How much does it glow?

Do the newer bikes glow too?

Just something about a glowing pipe that bothers me. I need to get over it :ride:

At night time it glows bright red, during the daytime ya don't even notice it!!!

My sons 250F glowed bright red when we got it home. I mean it would start glowing right away at idle. It was lean on the pilot circuit. After adjusting it still glowed a little if you let it sit and idle for extended periods. I think this is normal.

There is nothing to worry about, all of our bikes glow. If it glows a really far distance from the head, then you might be a little lean.

Mine glowed red like crazy until I re-jetted it. Some think it is normal, but I think it shows the bike is lean. It will glow red while idling for a few inches, but much past that I would consider jetting it richer.

OH MY GAWD, my pipe never glows red. Something must be wrong. Of the 10 billion posts about this, I have never heard of a pipe glowing red. :crazy:

I need to get over it
Yes, please do. :ride:

Uncorking the pipe and letting more of those hot gases out will also lower the head pipe temp.

Mine did that when I was screwing around with the carb. Low mixture, high idle. That caused my red pipe.

With my carb properly jetted and tuned and sufficient air flow, it stopped glowing.

I agree if it's glowing it must be running lean somewhere, and I think it should be fixed.