Carburetor Son Of A !!!

Hey guys can someone tell me what the measurement is and where to take it for the carb float adjustment? Oh its an R, and a couple of rides ago I was leaking gas while riding for now reason so I tweaked it alittle and road 4 more times and then its started running like shit, choking off idle :ride: any info will be greatly appretiated :crazy:

Hey guys can someone tell me what the measurement is and where to take it for the carb float adjustment? Oh its an R, and a couple of rides ago I was leaking gas while riding for now reason so I tweaked it alittle and road 4 more times and then its started running like shit, choking off idle :ride: any info will be greatly appretiated :crazy:

You need to adjust the float level so it shuts off 2mm earlier than the stock setting. 16mm is stock, set it to 18.

18mm from where to where, I mean where do you take the measurement?

The measurment is from the bottom (lowest point) of the float to the carb body (the juncture where the float bowl screws to the carb). Don't press the float up as far as it will go when you make the measurment--that will compress the spring in the needle valve. You want the needle valve to just touch (thus sealing) the needle valve seat.

One way to do it is with the carb attached to a fuel supply. Push the float up until the fuel stops dribbling out of the needle valve. I ususally just do it with the carb off the bike. Hold the carb sideways and tilt the bottom upwards until the float just settles in the up (needle valve closed) postition--then measure.

Good luck.

awesome thanks guys :crazy:

18mm from where to where, I mean where do you take the measurement?

18mm is the midpoint between the powerband and the muffler bearings. Now if you have a replacement black powerband instead of the stock red, you will need to adjust it to 17mm cuz the black is a little wider. And while you are in there, you might want to adjust the choke jet along with all 5 fuel injectors but thats not totally necessary.

18mm is the midpoint between the powerband and the muffler bearings. Now if you have a replacement black powerband instead of the stock red, you will need to adjust it to 17mm cuz the black is a little wider. And while you are in there, you might want to adjust the choke jet along with all 5 fuel injectors but thats not totally necessary.

It's muffler belt, not muffler bearing. :ride:

Hey wr, got your PM about Bryan Bosch. Hmmmm maybe your right. :crazy: God bless you and God bless america.

HEY WR SUCK MY LEFT NUT ******* :crazy: