A shocking revelation for me...

I was looking into 4 strokes, had one all picked and and was ready to buy it, when I learned that a high performance 4-stroke was a ticking time bomb!!! :ride::crazy:

I love the tractibility and the power and the smoothness of the power. I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.

I don't race competitively or anything, but I do ride my @$$ off on the local track with friends. Is the 2001 426 i was looking at gonna blow up?

Its beginning to look like I'm gonna stick with my 2 strokes...

I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.
Sounds like what you really want is a toaster.

I had a friend once who had no own bike, but he was always riding with others bikes. He had no maintenance issues, no bike washing, nothing. Maybe you shoud try that. :crazy:

get a honda XR

Hi,

Let's put it this way. 4-stroke is pickier about maintenance but you get more maintenance free driving. Just like Yamaha 450-series. Change oil every 10h to 20h depending how you use the engine. Bigger maintenance every 100h to 150h again depending again your driving style. With 2-stroke, you're changing piston in every 10h to keep it going. And yes you can brake anything with no or bad maintenance. This is not a rocket science, just taking care of you belongings.

Timo Mc

Shocking revelation or a retarded thread? You decide.

I was looking into 4 strokes, had one all picked and and was ready to buy it, when I learned that a high performance 4-stroke was a ticking time bomb!!! :ride::crazy:

I love the tractibility and the power and the smoothness of the power. I'm not much of a mechanic, and I don't want to be either. I wanna have ride days MORE than I take maintenence days. so constant maintence is just plain out.

I don't race competitively or anything, but I do ride my @$$ off on the local track with friends. Is the 2001 426 i was looking at gonna blow up?

You sound like you want CR500AF.

I know I want one.....

Try Golf

Oh geez anything is a time bomb if it is not maintained...even a 2smoke.....What is your budget for the purchase ?

Sounds like what you really want is a toaster.

I've had more problems out of my toaster than I have from my 426. :crazy:

Shocking revelation or a retarded thread? You decide.

Retarded thread. LOL. :crazy:

This guy has clearly mixed up the YZF forums with the CRF forums. :ride:

My toaster burns my toast, However my 450 burns rear tires every 3 months!