HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450wr-rider

what is the main difference betwwen a yzf and wr 450

9 posts in this topic

I hope this hasent been asked a hundred times but what is the real difference between them both . Sorry if its been asked lots! :crazy:

Try the search feature for the in depth comparrissons. The YZ is a MX bike, the WR is an enduro / open desert bike. Mainly the WR has an electric start (battery etc), a wide ratio 5-speed transmission, headlight and taillight, and out of the box it is detuned a bunch of different ways for EPA reasons. The WR is obviously heavier. The YZ is a great MX Bike too. In CA the YZ is a red sticker registration and the WR is a greem sticker. Do a search, it will keep you busy for hours.

WR: Is heavier,has a headlight, e-start, milder power, Quiet, wide ratio tranny, and is designed for trail/desert use.

YZF: Is way lighter,More power, louder, close ratio tranny, And is designed to be used for motocross/supercross.

Another difference is that the WR has an enduro computer, which I think is pretty awsome :crazy:

Additionally, the cams, carb, frame ('06), rear wheel , suspension, airbox, fuel tank , and coolant reservoir (or lack thereof) are different. Did I miss anything?

Look HERE for a comparison between the '06 models.

Whish parts should be changed along with the YZ tank, if Id like to put it on a WR 2004. Presume seat, shrouds...?

Is it at all possible without even minor modding?

Oh yeah :crazy: , I'm pretty sure you need to switch shrouds when you go to a YZ tank, so that may mean rads, as well. Not sure about the seat.