crf450 to yz450f

10 hrs? it progressively gets worse. dorry to say. i like the way my 03 450r handled and ran...great bike. but when it's said and done, the valves and springs are $500 plus and the yamaha really is (on paper) the most progressive trackbike out with titanium everything and 2 cams (that will be different).

both are good bikes. after i put 30 hrs on my yz450f, i'll post again.

'06 YZ450F > '03 Honda

enough said....its worth it, get one. :crazy:

i got a RK x-ring chain and Renthal 49 tooth rear sprocket to help me in the low-end.

The stock rear sprocket on a '06 is already a 49...

sorry, how would a smaller rear sprocket like a 46 impact my slow whoops and cornering?

my buddy had a 03 crf450 b4 he bought his 06 kxf450, his few weeks he had his bike he had to replace the valves,springs,and retainers. ive never owned anything but a yamaha, and i make it riding every signle time, never fails me jus keep up the maintence, my friend has a 04 yz450f hes got almost 160 hours on it, races it, play rides with it, never has any issues. YZF for the win. :crazy:

sorry, how would a smaller rear sprocket like a 46 impact my slow whoops and cornering?

you would probably want to get a bigger rear sproket. Think of a bicycle and how that works. the 13 /49 is already quite high a 46 if you can find one would be realy high gearing like trying to pedal a bike in 5th gear from the start///// does this make sense?

i'm still a little lost because i read differeent things on TT. if i goto a smaller rear sprocket than a 49 tooth; exactly how will that affect the ride and performance? i'm coming from ana 03 crf450 with 14/51 gearing and i'd strall alot especially cornering...ues i pull the clutch in, but am tryiung to get away from riding it so much.

thought i could just do a gear change? i haven't

picked the bike up yet. they'll put any sprocket on

i want with the deal i've worked out. just don't want to

do sprocket replacement if i don't have to.

won't a smaller rear sprocket keep my rpm's up so have

low-end power?

thought i could just do a gear change? i haven't

picked the bike up yet. they'll put any sprocket on

i want with the deal i've worked out. just don't want to

do sprocket replacement if i don't have to.

won't a smaller rear sprocket keep my rpm's up so have

low-end power?

no a bigger one will. it's the opposite for the front. smaller back = more top end speed, bigger = more torque, revs out quicker