smog removal kit

Got the kit from Baja Designs. Their instructions are for mechanics and not for the avarage person. I wish they had images, or, illustrations showing how to do it for the XRL '06 model (California). does anybody know a mechanic in the San Fernando area?

ThanX

Go to fourstrokes.com and they will have step by step instructions with pics.

ThanX. I have reviewed it, hoever, it does not cover 06 model with the Califirnia emmision add-on - large black metal canister on lower left side of the bike. Gas tank cap hose is connected to it as well as othet thin hoses.

ThanX. I have reviewed it, hoever, it does not cover 06 model with the Califirnia emmision add-on - large black metal canister on lower left side of the bike. Gas tank cap hose is connected to it as well as othet thin hoses.

Just remove it like the instuctions show. The vent hose from the tank will just do that, vent. Its ok, I have a '05 cali model and those directions worked. You will need to re route a carb hose differently if I remember right. I will look at my bike and get back to you.........

You dont need a mechanic. I removed the smog off of my '06 california with the baja designs blockoff kit. Just pull it all off and reroute the crankcase vent to the air box. That was about it. All black canisters and hoses gone.

ThanX. Did it. Bike starts, idling clean. Still, I think Baja designs can do a better job with instruction for the '06 model (I guess it is the last year for the 650L). Looks much better without the tentacles.

Yuki.