UNI filter - oil

Can I use K&N oil on UNI filter?

yeah i dont see why not

ThanX

No, I wouldn't reccomend it.

Hi, i was wondering the opposite. i have a KN filter but oil for UNI foam filter can i use this oil on the KN. i live in Africa and i can not get hold of the KN oil. also what can i use to clean the Kn filter i do not have Kn filter cleaner

thanx in advance

No, you shouldn't. The foam oil is very sticky and the K&N is not.

ok wont use it thanks for advice. it is a real nuisance because i cant bring oil with me from USA on international flights. i can buy engine / gear oils here is there any temporary sustitute i could use. also how can i clean KN filter without KN filter cleaner (same import problem)

Can I use K&N oil on UNI filter?

I've had to use it in a pinch,didn't seem to do any harm though. Better than no oil.

ok wont use it thanks for advice. it is a real nuisance because i cant bring oil with me from USA on international flights. i can buy engine / gear oils here is there any temporary sustitute i could use. also how can i clean KN filter without KN filter cleaner (same import problem)

Those K&N filters are made useing cotton. Maybe try useing clothes detergent,Or if you can fing it citrus cleaner. I think one of the important parts to doing that job are letting the filter air dry and not useing any artificial means like a hair dryer. Cotton shrinks so be carefull.

Clean air is key to engine life. I only use what the manufacture of the filter recommends. On my UNI I only use UNI oil.

If you have a foam filter, in a pinch you can use heavy weight motor oil to oil it. It's better to use a real Foam filter oil, like Bel Ray. It's tackier when setup and will do a better job trapping dirt.

If you are using a K & N filter, you can clean it with Simple Green, 409 or something similar for the kitchen that cuts grease, if you dont have thier product. Do NOT use foam filter oil on a K & N filter.

you'll need to oil that K & N filter, so use thier spray for that.

One time I used K&N oil on my Uni filter, by the end of the days ride most of oil had drained to the bottom of the air box.. The top 2/3rds of the filter was nearly DRY.. I would defiantly NOT use K&N oil for foam filters.

K&N's viscosity is all wrong for foam filters like Uni, Twin Air, No Toil, etc, and there's not enough tacifier in it, etc. You'd also never want to use foam air filter oil on a K&N. They're two completely different applications in terms of air filter oils.

Some oils like NO-toil will eat the rubber around the K&N filter. Rich Tracy destroied his K&N doing just that.

I've used ATF in both w/o problems.

Absolotley correct. I went and got the UNI oil (honey). Way thicker than the K&N.

ThanX, Yuki