Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zophy25

06 yzf450 question

15 posts in this topic

What size tooth rear sprocket do they reccomend for the 06? Also, what aftermarket parts do you recommend that the bike needs?

What size tooth rear sprocket do they reccomend for the 06? Also, what aftermarket parts do you recommend that the bike needs?

Stock gearing is 13-49, I'm running 14-51 and like it, but I mainly ride mx. It depends on what, where and how you ride.

You NEED a new chain, radiator braces and a skidplate to protect the oil reservoir.

Is it just me or does the stock chain stretch ridiculously far? I think I've been taking out chain slack after every ride the last two months!

What kind of aftermarket chain works well?

I need to still pick up a Skid Plate , and a New chain for my bike. Skid Plate for sure, I been riding without one for now, but Im going to pick one up before I ride agian. Im still fine on the Radiator braces, Im going to lay off on them for now, but my chain streched a ton, so Im going to pick up a Gold chain and skidplate.

Those are the only ones I can think of that you really need.

I went with a 50 tooth rear. I would probably go up a couple more teeth on the rear next time....I ride 90% MX and like to leave the bike in 3rd the whole time. The bike definately needs a new quality chain and damn little else needs to be changed. I use RK gold chains myself and have had great success with them the past several seasons. If you are picky about tire choice, the front tire needs to be changed for soft terrain tracks. I have put on A full skid plate , ASV levers, an hour-meter, disc and radiator guards. It is perfect....by far the best dirt bike I have ever owned. It comes set to go....exept that chain!

The stock gearing works fine for me. I can easily take most turns using 3rd gear.

Replace the chain, front tire and rejet and your good to go. No other bike I have ever owned in the last 30 years made me feel so confident at speed!!!! :crazy:

Is it just me or does the stock chain stretch ridiculously far? I think I've been taking out chain slack after every ride the last two months!

What kind of aftermarket chain works well?

Throw that away before something gets broken. You may have already trashed your sprockets. Oh, in answer to your question no, it's not you. YZF OEM chains are traditionally flimsy.

I get better service from Regina Gold (ORH or ORZ) chains than is even believable, and they are a hell of a good buy. It's the same chain that Renthal R1 and R3 premium o-ring chains are, but without the designer name and price tag. Here's a link: (chain's half way down)

http://www.qualitysmart.com/products/ironman/ironman.htm