HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Am I missing anything for my 2006 WR450F

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, first of all I know this may have been covered before in parts and I have enjoyed all the wealth of information here but i wanted opinions. I have my new bike on order at the local dealer and it will be in next week (im so excited). anyhow after reading all the mods here this is what I have ordered and i want your expert opinions if it's a good start:

Yamaha AIS removal kit (includes mod info for breather, muffler, grey wire and and adjsutable needle and jets for carb and YZ throttle stop)

Zip Ty adjustable fuel screw

BOYESEN QUICKSHOT FCR PUMP COVER

Pro Moto exhaust insert

Baja-Designs dual sport Kit (with Yamaha ignition)

Acerbis Hand Guards

depends where you ride but radiator guards (flatlands and unibikers are the most popular) would be nice also. I got the Canadian made Scorpions (scorpionracing.org) and they seem pretty sturdy. Skidplate as well would be good.

As for hand guards... I looked at Acerbis , UFO etc... and eventually went with "Enduro Engineering" guards. Rock solid and very easy to install. I would argue that they are the best on the market.

Good luck decking out your WR. Its almost as fun as riding it! :crazy::ride:

Cheers,

Check out the posted jetting charts. If you are getting the gyt-r AIS kit it doesn't come with a larger main jet (which you will need), also consider getting the appropriate leak jet. I just finished up my 06' and the leak jet was the last thing I did to smooth out the usual off idle stumble. Now I'm loving it!

It its available to you get the TT AIS kit instead of the Yamaha one. If you do you then need a YZ stop since it does not come with teh TT kit.

For the hand guards I prefered the acerbis rallys. Here is a side view pic.

The blue is a right on match

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/odonnks/P1010021.jpg

The Skid plate is a Moose racing.

ok guys, i seen charts here for jetting, is this with the same mods I have? and what jets do the 06's come with stock??

The jet charts get you close with all the free mods done. Do a search for the stock jets, there's a bunch of posts with them listed.

As far as I am aware stock jets are as follows:

Main # 165

Pilot # 45

Leak jet # 50

Starter jet # 65

You'll most likely change the pilot, main and maybe the leak jet.

Buy yourself a few sizes like a Main 168, 170, Pilot 48 and 50.

Its unlikely you'll go leaner than the stock ones you have now.

Thanks I tried to search a few times but due to increased traffic it has been temporarily disabled, lol so ip posted this.

Check out the posted jetting charts. If you are getting the gyt-r AIS kit it doesn't come with a larger main jet (which you will need), also consider getting the appropriate leak jet. I just finished up my 06' and the leak jet was the last thing I did to smooth out the usual off idle stumble. Now I'm loving it!

I just installed the gytr kit, it does not come with a larger main it comes with a 48 pilot jet. This is the only jet it comes with.

ok, when i find out what main jet mine comes with i will order a couple of larger mains and prob the other ones as the baseline jetting is found on here.

It its available to you get the TT AIS kit instead of the Yamaha one. If you do you then need a YZ stop since it does not come with teh TT kit.

For the hand guards I prefered the acerbis rallys. Here is a side view pic.

The blue is a right on match

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/odonnks/P1010021.jpg

The Skid plate is a Moose racing.

handguards2.jpg

Here is my YZF with the same guards. I love them.