HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam574

xr650r choke plate

12 posts in this topic

is xr's only the only place that makes the ones to get rid of the problem. they are on back order for over a month.

That's the only place I've seen Adam. It's a very rare occurence but something you should change out. I'd ride the bike and wait the month. Give SRC a call and see if they have one.

I called Xr's Only yesterday and they have them in stock now. Should be getting mine by tomorrow.

I called Xr's Only yesterday and they have them in stock now. Should be getting mine by tomorrow.

Don't hold your breath....

that is the other reason why i don't want to order from them... to many bad stories

I placed a big order a couple weeks ago just before I came across that 12 page thread here on XR's Only horror stories. I was pretty worried to say the least. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones. Everything arrived in about a week, which is a little more than it should have taken to here (usually 2 days in Cali.). But it got here. Since then I have placed 2 more orders with no problems either. Either they're getting better or I'm on a lucky streak. We'll see how this order goes. I called it in instead of using the net. I did that on the last order and I got it faster that way. So far they've been 100% for me, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :crazy:

I placed a big order a couple weeks ago just before I came across that 12 page thread here on XR's Only horror stories. I was pretty worried to say the least. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones. Everything arrived in about a week, which is a little more than it should have taken to here (usually 2 days in Cali.). But it got here. Since then I have placed 2 more orders with no problems either. Either they're getting better or I'm on a lucky streak. We'll see how this order goes. I called it in instead of using the net. I did that on the last order and I got it faster that way. So far they've been 100% for me, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :crazy:

They've been 100% for me too, in the past. That was over 2 years ago. Good products, IMO. I always call. I never order via email or internet form. Just adds to the lag time.

I read about the problem and removed the flap from my stock choke. It was just starting to show fatigue.Bike still starts 1 or 2 kicks. I'm not sure that you really need the aftermarket plate. Course I live in southern California might be different elsewhere.

Update - Received the choke plate just like they said. Still 100% for service from XR's Only for me.