My 426 to 450 Plastics Conversion is Done!!!

Finally finished converting my 426 to a 450. It only took about 3 hours of work. The hardest part was getting all the parts. It looks great and handles 100% better. Doesn't feel as heavy and is more maneuverable. Heres a couple pics:

before:

bike1.jpg

after:

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

and heres a 1987 suzuki quadracer that i picked up at the swapmeet with the motor in a box that i almost have finished. I fired it over the other day. I am just missing a couple parts from the exhaust valve.

DSCN1081.jpg

is that quad a 500?

[quote name=

and heres a 1987 suzuki quadracer that i picked up at the swapmeet with the motor in a box that i almost have finished. I fired it over the other day. I am just missing a couple parts from the exhaust valve.

DSCN1081.jpg

at least it is blue!!!! :crazy:

haha...nope the quad is a 250

What did you have to buy? New airbox? Tank (looks like it)

Looks sweet! :crazy:

Looks good. My uncle has a old 1980 something quad racer too, things run forever.

What did you have to buy? New airbox? Tank (looks like it)

Looks sweet! :crazy:

I needed to buy a subframe, airbox, tank, rear master, and plastics. seems like a lot but its cheaper than buying a 450...and i only spent about 150 on it because i sold all the old stuff.

The only thing that still I don't like is that the graphics, if you got some, would go on the tank, on the new bikes the shrouds go all the way to seat, so no bubbling appears and stuff.

Where do you live in Michigan?

yeah i like the look of the 06's better but i can't afford one. I'm in grosse pointe michigan right outside detroit. Where do you live?

Looks good...next project should be to swap in a newer cam and get rid of that decompression lever

yeah i like the look of the 06's better but i can't afford one. I'm in grosse pointe michigan right outside detroit. Where do you live?

Currently down in Warren/Eastpointe (8 mile and VanDyke). Although Im just living with my Aunt for a few weeks because I got to finish up this year of school then moving with my parents (they just moved into our new house in the U.P.), I used to live in Chesterfield area though.

Looks great! (The bike that is)

I would have never guessed that is a 426.

it looks great nice job

Currently down in Warren/Eastpointe (8 mile and VanDyke). Although Im just living with my Aunt for a few weeks because I got to finish up this year of school then moving with my parents (they just moved into our new house in the U.P.), I used to live in Chesterfield area though.

man you're right down the road from me. i live a few blocks away from 8 mile. we ride out in chesterfield all the time at the old gun range.

thanks for all the positive comments guys

Haha, my old school was right down street from old gun range (LC North). I see people ride over there all the time, but I like to stick to real tracks.

What graphics kit is that on your bike in the before picture? I know it is One Industries, but what model? Really like the look of the before and after pics and would like a graphics kit for my bike. Nice job on the swap.

Finally finished converting my 426 to a 450. It only took about 3 hours of work. The hardest part was getting all the parts. It looks great and handles 100% better. Doesn't feel as heavy and is more maneuverable. Heres a couple pics:

before:

bike1.jpg

after:

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

Sweet thats what im going to do to my 426!- :crazy:

Looks good, looks like you had to get a new tank too.

what year 450 parts are you using? can one use 06 parts?

thanks