slide plate broke!

Does anyone make an aftermarket slide plate that is stronger, or are we stuck with the OEM part? :crazy:

Side plate? What is that?

If you mean "clutch cover", then yes, the real reason for the existence of Hinson, Boyeson, and GYT-R clutch covers is to keep foot pegs out of the engine during a crash.

Does anyone make an aftermarket slide plate that is stronger, or are we stuck with the OEM part? :crazy:

Slide plate like for the chain to slide on TJ Designworks makes a good one. I'll tell you about it if I can get the @#$%$^ allen head bolt off from the bottom.

slide plate like skid plate?

Skid plate? Chain slider? Or chain guide?

Hmmmm...did you mean salad plate?? I break those all the time so I don't have to wash them. Hope my wife doesn't read this, I'll be done for!!

My wife likes my slideplate......

Hmmmm...did you mean salad plate?? I break those all the time so I don't have to wash them. Hope my wife doesn't read this, I'll be done for!!
That was the tactic I used as a kid. :crazy:

Junior tried it on me, but it didn't sell. I started charging him for each piece.

That was the tactic I used as a kid. :crazy:

Junior tried it on me, but it didn't sell. I started charging him for each piece.

At GoldenCorral we break a lot of salad plates.......just cost 8.00 bucks :ride:

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :crazy::ride::ride: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

BTW can't you guys read minds?

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :ride::ride::lol: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

I knew that's what you meant. :crazy:

I think you are stuck with a stock part, but perhaps a new unit. There are a bunch of threads about these breaking back in the day.

sorry guys! I'm an idiot :ride::ride::lol: I'm talking about the slide plate on the front of the slide in the Carberator. I think it's also called the "floating valve" or something

I figured as much - you can buy it from these guys or Yamaha :crazy: It is a Keihin carb -

http://www.sudco.com/

thanks, I ended up just ordering one from my local shop. very pricey! :ride: Ihope this doesn't happen again. It was my fault in the first place :crazy:

try a "Devol" skid plate.

try a "Devol" skid plate.

...try reading the thread...sorry to give you a hard time newb, but I don't think a skid plate is going to fix his carb problem. :crazy: Just a thought.

It was my fault in the first place :crazy:

So what did happen?

...try reading the thread...sorry to give you a hard time newb, but I don't think a skid plate is going to fix his carb problem. :crazy: Just a thought.

Is this what they call,the pot calling the kettle black? :ride:

So what did happen?

I sprayed carb cleaner on the slide and the housing to clean it. It cleaned it good but it made the slide plate gasket get all stretched and messed up. so rather than order a new one I cut old one and fit it into place :crazy: . and then proceeded to ride the bike. the hanging idle got worse and worse and that is when I noticed the broken plate and no trace of my cut gasket :ride:

I'll never make that mistake agoin no matter how much I want to ride!