HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zophy25

06 owners

15 posts in this topic

Does the 06 really feel as light as the tests in the magazines say? I've read articles about the 06 YZ450 feeling as light as a 250F.

Although I have not ridden an 06 yz250f I think it feels light for sure. I ride a couple 250's honda (05) and Yami (04) it feels light but the power rips your arms in comparison. I have let a few riders try it out and they all said it felt light.

Yup, it does feel extremely light. I had an 04' 450f before this one and I rode them back to back a few times, and it feels like it is 20 lbs lighter as opposed to just 2.

Yep, it definitely feels light, I'd say it's like riding a 250 2-stroke. It feels 50 pounds lighter than my e-start KTM(sold that and got my 06 YZ450F).

I keep telling my riding buddies that my '06 isn't that much better than their '04's.

Yes, I'm a terrible liar but I don't want them to think it's just the bike when I make the pass.

--KT--

'03 YZ450F for sale

I've ridden a YZ250F for the past 4 years. Changed to the 450F this year and love the bike. It feels a little heavier than the 250F, but handles almost like a 250F. I haven't had any real problems converting to the 450F other than getting use to more power. Nice to be able to make a jump with the torque rather than speed required of a 250F.

I have a 06 YZ450F and an 06 YZ250F, both special editions.

The big bike feels extremely light...even compared to my 02 YZ250 two stroke. It feels just a bit heavier than the 250F. It has a big bike feel to it..don't know how to describe it any better than that. It just feels like a 450!

Yea, I also have an 06 250f and 450f, and I would have to say that riding them back to back there is a difference, probably mostly generating from the power delivery draining your energy on the 450, but from my experience the 450 yammie feels more like a 250f than any other 450f I've ridden.

Sounds like everyone has a better perspective on this than I do since this is my first 450 4 stroke, however, I will say that I dont get the same feeling of riding a feathery light bike after riding an 05 RM250 last year. It's all a matter of perspective...I'll get used to it!

Does the 06 really feel as light as the tests in the magazines say? I've read articles about the 06 YZ450 feeling as light as a 250F.

It is true, buy one!

It is true, buy one!

Hey Zophy. I have the 06 YZ450F and will say it feels about the same as my YZ250, weight wise. You will not be disappointed by the feel of the weight.....

or should I say, lack of feel of weight. I'm im agreement, get the Yamaha asap and start enjoying riding again. :crazy:

It feels lighter than my yz250f (02) and my friends yz250 (06). The bike is awsome, you should go buy one.