HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZPWR

01 wr426 chain?

3 posts in this topic

How is the stock chain on a new 01 or 02 WR426? Is it a o ring or regular chain? Whatever they are could you take a few rides on them without having to change them? I hane heard thet dont last long at all. I have heard with the engine breaking if you let off the trottle on woops that it will have some tank slap if you are going fast, is that true?

THANKS

My '01 wr426 does indeed have a O-ring on it.

As to lubing a chain, that question will open a can of worms. Some of the guys I roadrace with don't lube their chains at all, and others seem to use a whole can. The best lube I have seen put to use was actually a synthetic lube. My buddy sprayed the lube on his freshly cleaned chain while I spun the rear tire. I could not believe it after just a couple of turns the wheel spun much, much easier! I will try to get the name of the lube next time I see him. As for headshake in whoops when letting off the gas....I don't

seem to have any problems. I don't like to let off the gas in mid-whoop unless I want to inflict pain upon myself. I did have alittle

headshake at higher speeds, but that was cured when I set the rear sag at the proper level.

Happy tuning to You,

Bryce

------------------

Bryce Senff

WMRRA #201

WR426F

TL1000SV

CBR900RR

Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!

P.S.

O-ring chains will last for quit some time with proper maintainance. Can't say for dirt

bikes but my street bike will usually go about 20-30k and my roadrace bike has gone

3+ years and is still in spec.

Bryce

------------------

Bryce Senff

WMRRA #201

WR426F

TL1000SV

CBR900RR

Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!