Is there a service manual on CD for a 2006 WR450 or is it still the old fashion Book?

Going to get a manual for my bike, as i do for all my toys, just wondering if they can be gotten on CD or if you still have to buy the book from Yamaha

Going to get a manual for my bike, as i do for all my toys, just wondering if they can be gotten on CD or if you still have to buy the book from Yamaha

Dont know about a CD but PDF download (I think 32Mb) in four languages is available free on the Aussie Yamaha website. Takes about 5 mins with a sahred wireless BB conection. If you are going to start you computer and use a CD anyway, this may save you some $ and is arguable more convenient than the CD option, especially for search functions. I have both book and pdf. :thumbsup:

Great~~~

Searching the Manual in Acrobat Reader is easier than in the book.

And easy to share with others.

:thumbsup:

Thanks but that's the owners manual, im looking for the repair/service manual.

im looking for the hard copy 2006 service manual myself, i keep finding stuff online for a wr450fr... is that the full model name?

I love having info on my toys, I even have a service manual on CD in PDF form on my 1938 Plymouth.....

Thanks but that's the owners manual, im looking for the repair/service manual.

I have read this manual "cover to cover". I'm not being picky but there is enough info in there to rebuild a bike including all testing and associated tolerances of parts. I dont know if Yamaha make anything more deatiled - otherwise you may have to go to a 3rd party manual - if they exist yet.

If any one finds one, please post details, thanks..

:crazy:

Well the service manual will have breakdown pictures and diagrams, torque specs, that kind of stuff too. but the more info the better