HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darth Wader

50 pilot

9 posts in this topic

This may be a silly question but, has anyone tried a 50 pilot jet? Indy's chart basically sticks to a 48 for most situations. Does the 50 make it too rich off the bottom even in colder weather?

Thanks for any insight.

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that you're using a #48 pilot now - just out of curiosity, what position do you have your fuel screw ? If it is between 1 ~ 2 turns out the going to a #50 will definately richen it up to the point where you may not have much adjustment left with your fuel screw ...

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

Nah mate, back to a 48, just about a 45 in the monsoon build up (very hot and humid).

Vacuum plate was on upside down. I was actually using a 52 there for a week or two!

HI,

I have a twinair gage and filter, then you should get good fuel screw that can be turned with out tools. I recommed Stealth, I tried Zip-Ty but O-rings they use are crap and after first time I warm engine up it shrinked.

Head is also ported

Timo Mc

Where can the Stealth fuel screw be found? I did some quick searches and found nothing.

Thanks for your help