50 pilot

This may be a silly question but, has anyone tried a 50 pilot jet? Indy's chart basically sticks to a 48 for most situations. Does the 50 make it too rich off the bottom even in colder weather?

Thanks for any insight.

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that you're using a #48 pilot now - just out of curiosity, what position do you have your fuel screw ? If it is between 1 ~ 2 turns out the going to a #50 will definately richen it up to the point where you may not have much adjustment left with your fuel screw ...

Matty and Tarflee use a 50 pilot. It is OK if you are running a leaner main and needle settings with heavy mods. I just find it too rich for most everything but seriously cold weather. Try a JD blue needle before going to a 50 pilot. The needle tip taper overlaps with the pilot circuit so needle clip position and needle tip size make a difference in the overlap. :thumbsup:

Nah mate, back to a 48, just about a 45 in the monsoon build up (very hot and humid).

Vacuum plate was on upside down. I was actually using a 52 there for a week or two!

Hi,

I got a 50 on my bike.

It really depends also on mods you have done

Timo Mc

What did you do (intake wise) to get a good mix ratio with that pilot?

HI,

I have a twinair gage and filter, then you should get good fuel screw that can be turned with out tools. I recommed Stealth, I tried Zip-Ty but O-rings they use are crap and after first time I warm engine up it shrinked.

Head is also ported

Timo Mc

Where can the Stealth fuel screw be found? I did some quick searches and found nothing.

Thanks for your help